Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2013

{Day in a Life...} - Night at The (Royal Ontario) Museum

Oh boy, The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)... My last memories here are faded ones, ten years ago my big sister would take myself and my second sister here every Friday. It was always super fun each time, they would have new activities each week, but with the same displays - it was somehow always amusing each time... And each time, Soph and I would be disgusted by the same rotting Mummy toes :p.

This time, I had an opprotunity to attend a 'Night at ROM' - where for the Fridays of two months ROM would dim the lights and set up music, drinks and food while allowing guests to explore the museum. It's a pretty cool idea! Each Friday there would be a new 'theme' going on! Tickets were $20/Student.

Got my ROM Bucks ready.

One ROM Buck ($6) would buy one dish or drink!
 The bones of a Pterodactyl illin' - Beautiful rock dissected to reveal gorgeous stones 

Dranks with the dinosaurs!
 I was absolutely captivated by each of the displays - the teeniest tiniest of pottery, the number of ginormous one-pieced statues and the vividness of each peace... Oh my gosh. The ROM has such an amazing collection.

But I wasn't thinking of the galleries when I accepted the offer to go to the ROM... I was excited for the food! Oh, it was hidden everywhere. In two areas up stairs and scattered across the main room on the bottom floor. 

I ended up trying:
- Kanto's French Fries topped with Pork Offals, Mayo and Green Onions
I love all sorts of odd stuff, so offals on anything was a definite order for me! And yes, it was great! I threw out the other half away though because I was being carb-cautious (Regret. 2AM and I am craving it!)
- Little Tomato's Maple and Mustard Glaze Peameal Burgers
Served with a soft boiled Quail Egg and Argrula - my big sis could not stop raving about this when she visited ROM weeks before... I did not like it at all. Bleeeh (Kiddy Alice's reaction :D).
- Hot Bunzz' Tuna Bun
I ended up taking this home for my big Sis. I was way too full. They served up two Tuna Buns for me, and I had the second the next morning, it was soooo good! They had three options - Elk, Tuna and Pulled Pork I believe. The Pork sold out quick, with the Elk selling out next and the Tuna last. It was like a Chinese BBQ Bun - Soft on the out and inside, with savoury, untraditional filling on the inside. Had a weird after taste to it, but I want more!

I also had a bottomless cup of Cranberry juice - I was so excited. But (Minute Maid) Cranberry juice from the can is absolute crap okay! It was nothing like Ocean Spray and gave me a sore throat after three sips.

Annnnd, the only shot of a dish I took in the night.
 Kanto's French Fries topped with Pork Offals, Mayo and Green Onions ($6.00)

And a few more displays coming up... Incredible - no words, just look, okay.
(the second image, bottom left corner - those were my favourite pieces of the night! 'Gruesome Statures')

 *Melts*

Even the ceiling was incredible - The gates that reminded me of Cabramatta, but no, I wasn't in Cabra...

I would spam more pictures, but I really don't want my posts to be too picture heavy! Just uploading the highlights of my light, but the other shots I took are available for viewing (here).

Overall, it was great! I would love to go again next year, and be wowed once again - hopefully with the Hot Bunzz stand also catering next time around ☺.

2 comments: