Pages

Thursday 20 June 2013

Day in a life...: My trip over - the first night in!

Hi!

This obviously isn't one of my happier posts - this is only a one off, I promise!

Prepare yourselves for the rambling block of text my friends:

It's been a long time since wonderarsy - its taken me a while to gather all of my thoughts. Even after processing this information over the past four months, it still all seems surreal. Waking up every morning is the absolute worst for me. All of my dreams are about my life in Sydney, then I wake up here.
So - I've moved to Canada! There's been many sleepless nights and freakish blank emotions leading up to this date - but I've done it. I've managed to fit the past ten years of my life in Australia into two suitcases and dragged myself to Toronto. It definitely is nice to see my family again, it was something I've been longing for, to be surrounded by family, for so, so long. But then again, now I've realised, my friends have become my family too - I'm not sure how to deal. I'm still trying to grasp all of this, but it's hard without feeling so much hatred towards everything and everyone around me.

So, a little bit about my trip over and first night in my new home (I'll try not to photo-spam too much).

 Goodbye Fairfield.

 Checking in my baggage and retrieving my passes - stopping over at Los Angeles > Denver > Toronto.

 My happy papa.

Strolling along side these windows - and of course getting lost. Boarding my 12 hour flight to LA!

Finally off the plane but then dealing with a terrible, terrible three hour wait in line, missing my flight and dropping my luggage on a six laned road. Sigh.

 Rescheduled my flight for an instead, 10 hour direct flight from LA to Toronto. An incredible collection of 'Archie's bests' to keep me company.

Finally arrived in Toronto at 11PM... And after what felt like forever to retrieve my luggage, I went outside to be greeted by my sister, her boyfriend and my uncle.
 That car steering wheel - ya'll tripping or what?

After a midnight meal at a Chinese restaurant, we went home.
 I entered my cute new room, unloaded my suitcases... which only took 20 minutes! What the hell. Seriously - it took me five sleepless days to pack - I wasn't very organised, I even brought a damn kitchen scale... Do I even need that??? Ugh. But aside that, there lays squish little Millenium absolutely missing me.

All unpacked, I remembered my sister gave me my belated christmas present and a card before I left - I opened it and cried. Turned to my right and saw Ms. Tinkles sitting on my bed. She must have fallen over.

4 comments:

  1. LOL full had to blur father's face. I just realised there's the Lochness monster in your banner hehe.

    Miss you but I miss Milz more :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause father is a man of many disguises - I will keep that as a mystery.
      Isn't she cute! Dianne said 'they don't even exist' while I was drawing it - :p Well, I love it!

      Aw, Milz misses u strangling him :p (not) he misses you - but he misses Princess more! Miss you too ugly sis

      Delete
  2. YAY SO GOOD TO SEE YOU'RE DOING THESE POSTS AGAIN <3 <3 i was really sad to see wonderarsy retire. i hope this blog continues for a long time hehehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Aw, I'm glad you're looking forward to my posts :D I'm definitely going to be posting much more now (relative to wonderarsy) I will find the time!!! Thanks for reading and I'd love to follow you also if you have a blog :D

      Delete